King’s Theatre in Leven Street first opened its doors to the public in 1906 and was built to rival the Royal Lyceum Theatre. Since its opening, it has become one of Scotland’s historic and most important theatres, serving as a receiving house for touring musicals, local amateur productions, pantomime and the likes.
McIntyre Masonry is pleased to be involved in the restoration of King’s Theatre Edinburgh. We were commissioned to carry out the restoration of the building’s façade, which is known for its intricate carvings and moulded detailing. In the process of the restoration, we replaced over 400 individual stones carved to match the originals.